You wake up one day and realize your first exam is in just a couple of days. Don’t panic; the locazU expert students have 5 last minute exam preparation tips to get you in shape for the finals.
1. Last minute cramming: Let’s face it. No matter what they say, cramming for most of us is an inevitable fact of live. But of course sleep is important, so even if you take a night shift for cramming, try to sleep a few hours. Otherwise you would probably fall asleep over your exam sheet which can be counter productive.
2. Food: Essential for exam preparation is food that helps you to go through the night and keeps your energy level high. Our favorites: coffee, chocolate, dextrose and bananas.
3. Prioritize: Concentrate on the most important topics and study with old exam questions if possible. This way you get a feel for the type of questions /topics that are likely to be asked and the language and type of acceptable response. Plus, sometimes the same questions keep getting recycled. Ask your friends and fellow students for their past exams or search for it on student portals like locazU.com. And post yours on locazU for other students once you’re finished with your exams.
4. Study Groups: Many brains are better than one! And make sure that there is at least one person in the group who really gets the concepts and someone who gets the group structured.
5. Cheat Sheets: And last but not least, write a cheat sheet! Be careful I didn’t say use it, I just said write one, or more. Condensing the material and re-writing is a great understanding and memory exercise. By the time you’re finished pulling together your cheat sheet, you’ll remember most of the concepts. And if you need to cram last minute, you have your core concepts and buzzwords handy!
Think positive and don’t be nervous. It’s just an exam after all and all the more reason to reward yourself afterwards with a fine beverage .
About the Author _____________________________________________________
Pia A: I’m a BCom Marketing & Communications graduate. I blog, market, & tweet fluently in German, English, & French. Like my posts or have an opportunity for me? Please contact blogsATlocazu.com (replace AT with @ if you are human:) ATTN Pia A.