The summer’s over but the party doesn’t have to stop! Amp up your university experience and get the most out of student life by ordering up a super-sized side of fun! This is your guide to late nights, new friends, and story building!
If there is one thing I have learned, classes can be repeated; parties can’t. Don’t miss out on the fun, live it up! Capitalize your University experience – let the good times begin!
1. Get the Party Started! Always show up with the required tools to make your night memorable – booze, ID, money, cell phone, and a camera (so you can do a post-party recap).
2. Tired? Have an energy drink; only pre-party napping is acceptable. Bailing out early is not an option; trust me, no one looks back at their university experience saying “I wish I didn’t have so much fun!”
3. It’s a themed party?! Go with it and go BIG! No one likes the person that is ‘too cool’ and shows up in their normal garb expecting to be a part of the festivities. Themes are not over rated; they’re an excuse to dress up and get a little crazy – embrace these moments.
4. Unsure of the required attire? It is always better to be over dressed. There is nothing wrong with looking better than everyone else.
5. Ladies: don’t wear skirts or dresses to keg parties, unless you’re not shy.
Guys: leave your sleeveless shirts and track pants at home – unless it’s the theme of the party!
6. Yes, you’ll play the next game of [insert drinking game here]!
7. Music: it’s the life of the party, don’t be the one to depress it! Here are some of my favourites go-to songs that will get the party going!
- Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
- Shout - The Isley Brothers
- You Shook Me All Night Long – ACDC
- Shots – LMFAO
- Memories - David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi
8. Party’s over!? If circumstances arise and the party comes to an abrupt end, don’t fret, move on to the next one whether it be down the street or to the bar. Walk or take a taxi – they’ll get you to your next destination to keep the party going!
9. A helpful tip – no bar staff enjoys an aggressive customer – be patient but assertive and always be polite – If you want good service, be a good patron – take turns buying rounds, smile, and always tip!
10. Dr. LocAZu Prescribes: A bite to eat and a glass of water before bed to ward of the threat of a hangover. Need to treat your post party woes? Rest, shower, and do it all again.
By: Alicia Mandic
Alicia Mandic is a graduate of the University of Ottawa, with a Joint Honours in Communication and in Political Science, following her dream to continue writing and building her career in the marketing industry. @LivingAsMe or www.aliciamandic.blogspot.com